Algae anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Super_Blueberry

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just looking for confirmation to start off. Is this hair algae? Its only growing on my wisteria, and only on the top 2-3 inches where theres boatloads of light. I'm spot treating with excell and trimming like I normally do as the plant reaches the surface. I also dose flourish trace between pwc's. ( I have a well so I'm hoping that my pwc's add some of the trace elements, so I'm re-upping the elements between changes ) I have noticed my spot algae all but disappear since I added my pressurized co2 system, but this stuff seems persistent. I'm guessing I'll have to deal with it as long as they are that close to the lights, but I thought it was odd to be only on the wisteria, not the ludwigia or sprite. Oh well.

Attachments

• image-2412566145.jpg
    image-2412566145.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 74
  • image-1275278172.jpg
    image-1275278172.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 83
I can also speak from experience that the larger clippings from my 55g that I put in my 10g RCS tank are spotless of this within 24 hours. I just wish I had enough to populate my 55g enough.

Does anyone make a test kit for ferts similar to the api master kit for params? What is available?

Back
Top Bottom