Ammonia remover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Glyn Oliver

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, I had an issue with a tank filter while away over the christmas break resulting in me having to move the fish into a tank that had been set up on a fishless cycle, any how the issue I now have is that I am going away again and the new tank is getting high ammonia levels. I have been keeping this in check with 30% pwc and reducing feeding a bit. My question is will it be OK to put Fluval ammonia removal media into the top basket of the filter while I am away, I currently have 2 carbon bags in the top basket, if I remove 1 bag of carbon and put the ammonia remover in there will it cause problems. Will this affect the cycle if I leave it by starving the bb of food? Thanks in advance.

Taff

Well your best be is to buy some live plants to Handle the problem. So then you can keep both bags in the bin. But also how bug is your tank?

The tank is 50 gallon, 240 litre...... It has been set up for nearly 5 weeks now and I have live plants in there... I just need to sort something for while I can't be there to do water changes.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom