Anacharis and Bacopa?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandon K.A

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just started a planted 5 Gallon tank with two bunches of Anacharis and one bunch of Bacopa. I also have one moss ball. The substrate is black sand. I use lead plant weights to weigh them down into the substrate. I trimmed off the bottom stems as I learned that is what I should do. I also have a small airstone and have a 10 watt full spectrum 6000k fluorescent bulb to be kept on for about 6-7 hours or more? a day.

No fish yet. I used flourish excel but learned this may melt the anacharis?

Water quality is: pH- about 7.6, High range pH-about 7.5-7.6, Ammonia- oppm, Nitrite- oppm, and Nitrate is about 5-10ppm.

Just wanted to know if these conditions are good for these plants to grow?

The relationship between excel and plants melting is circumstantial at best, with loads of directly conflicting evidence. You can try, and hopefully it won't be an issue. Another thing to keep an eye on is your nitrates. Fast growing stem plants can eat through nitrates very quickly. If you're tank isn't well stocked (and a 5g shouldn't be), then there is a real possibility of bottoming out on nitrate, which can lead to a whole host of problems.

Brandonaki360 said:
I used flourish excel but learned this may melt the anacharis?

Excel didn't do anything to my anacharis but make it grow twice as fast. I just started with a half dose and worked up because I was afraid of the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom