angel in hypo looks sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phish7740

Aquarium Advice Activist
so i have had my Coral Beauty in Hypo for 2 weeks (refract 14ppt 1.009).
reg water changes, ph 8.4, amon=0, alk=5.5 meq/l

he is not swimming as much, not eating as much, and looks really fat. he also has his scales are puffed out. spending 95% time in the pvc.

i know the alk is high, but how do i lower it?

i am begining to slowly raise the salinity today. so its now up to 15ppt / 1.012

any thing i should worrry about?

i have lost 2 angels to hypo there were fine before i dropped the salinty theny they stopped eating for 2 weeks and died i did buffer my water to get the ph up also, i would get him out of hypo if you dont see anyrthung on him

he is not swimming as much, not eating as much, and looks really fat. he also has his scales are puffed out.

Any chance you can get a pic?

well he isnt going to make it....swiming upside down almost dead...should have figured something was wrong when he stopped eating 4-5 days ago.

my LFS said i should have only had him in hypo for 1 week at most. the online FAQs all say 2-4 weeks...

i have really been thinking my LFS is sometimes a better source than some of what is posted on these sites...he doesnt push products to "make a sale" and some things i have been reading have not been true to my experiences.

Back
Top Bottom