Angelfish No Tail!!!! HELP!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pufferlove

Aquarium Advice Freak
My new angel that I brought home had it's tail nipped off and now it is alive and slowly moving its fins but it can't move or right it's self so it is kinda just floating at the bottom of the tank and I don't really know what to do so any input would help

Try to keep the water clean as possible. That the best thing you can for him/her. Try to adjust your flow and make sure he eats. I know there meds out there to help fin growth, you might try that as well

Fish generally re-grow fins very well. The bigger issue would be the fact that the fish in the tank are biting the angel's fins off. That could be an on-going problem since angels have such tempting fins.
Honestly though, even if the fish lost its tail to a nip, it would likely still be able to move around better than you are describing. Not necessarily, but likely. It is possible that your fish actually has a bad case of fin rot that popped up very suddenly.
Clean water is always the best start to curing any illness. I suggest you start by doing a large water change, at least 50%.
Next, does tail stub have any white or black around the edges? Any general lethargy? Or does it seem like just a bit of on issue swimming from the tail loss?

i agree with absolutange104 about possible fin nippers what other stock do you keep in your aquarium with the Angel?

fish in general are very good at growing fins back assuming there is not any either nipping the fins off or illness such as fin rot. its pretty common for my angels to have torn or partially missing fins. what i do is just make sure they have clean and fresh water, and put some API Stress Coat+ in the tank, and within a few days they are back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom