Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dusty280

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 30 gallon tall aquarium. 24 x 12 x 24. The tank has ecocomplete substrate and live plants. The tank has been running for about 2 weeks. I want to stock tank with some angelfish. How many med size angels would be good for this setup?

IMO, none. a 2' tank just isn't big enough. Were it longer, it would probably be ok. The more I think about it, the more I realize that my 40 breeder was on the small side for angels

Welcome to AA Dusty.

IMO if you plan to upgrade the tank to a bigger one later on, you can start with one small size Angel.

But I agree with Jason, that before you add fish to the tank, first you need to learn about the Nitrogen cycle, be sure that you tank is fully cycled before you add any fish.

I wouldn't keep angels in a tank smaller than 48" x 18" x 24", kept properly they grow fast and will quickly outgrow a 2' tank. may as well start with an appropriate tank in the first place, it'll save time cycling a new tank later. good luck!!.

Pete

Yes, I do understand the "cycling" that has to be done. I have a goldfish in the tank now and will probably not add the fish I want to keep in the tank mentioned for another week or two. I have a 50 gallon tank with 2 convict cichlids in it. Maybe I will put the cichilds in the 30 gallon tall and start my angelfish setup in the 50 gallon. Thanks for all the responses and help so far.

Back
Top Bottom