Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rutherford_3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Last night I discovered that my angelfish laid her eggs (I have a female and a male) I have 75 gallon tank with a couple of tetras and one more male angelfish and this morning the eggs were still there some where white some were not (this was their first batch ever) but when I came home 6 hours later the eggs were all gone. What happened?

Someone probably ate them. Everything eats eggs, that's why a lot of people will take the eggs out and hatch/raise them separately. Even the parents will eat them if they get fungus or the parents get stressed.

Someone probably ate them. Everything eats eggs, that's why a lot of people will take the eggs out and hatch/raise them separately. Even the parents will eat them if they get fungus or the parents get stressed.

Thank you. She laid her eggs on the filter. How would I get them off?

^^+1^^
Not uncommon especially for first spawn..It could take several tries
I offer a almost vertical piece of slate in the location they have picked to be able to remove slate. I have even cut 3X6 inch pieces of slate and hung from rim of tank ang they laid on it..
They should lay every 7-14 days now ,IF they didn't just move them...
Spawning fish are full of tricks...

If you want to try breeding them. I'd put in a flat piece of slate in for her to lay on, you may have to block the spot she laid on before with it, unless she likes the rock better.

If you want to try breeding them. I'd put in a flat piece of slate in for her to lay on, you may have to block the spot she laid on before with it, unless she likes the rock better.

Thank you

^^+1^^

Not uncommon especially for first spawn..It could take several tries

I offer a almost vertical piece of slate in the location they have picked to be able to remove slate. I have even cut 3X6 inch pieces of slate and hung from rim of tank ang they laid on it..

They should lay every 7-14 days now ,IF they didn't just move them...

Spawning fish are full of tricks...

They move their eggs?

Back
Top Bottom