Another filter head?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

panza

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a red slime bacteria problome so today i went and bought this stuff to get rid of it and my LFS said to buy a new filter head thing to make sure it doesnt come back cause of lack of flow. Should i buy it or is it just a jip. I have a 14 gallon bio cube with the regular filter it comes with...,
Thanks

Extra flow in the tank will help ward off cyano. I'm more concerned about the stuff you bought - what is it? Meds or algae kill stuff can be detrimental to your tank, regardless of what the bottle and/or LFS tells you.

Personally, I have found added flow does not work to combat cyano that is already in the tank. You really need to look at your feeding, lighting and PWCS/source water. I do agree with Neilan, once you get rid of it, additional flow (realistically, solve the problem and it won't come back) will help to keep it from getting a firm hold on your tank.

Extra flow in the tank will help ward off cyano. I'm more concerned about the stuff you bought - what is it? Meds or algae kill stuff can be detrimental to your tank, regardless of what the bottle and/or LFS tells you.

The solution stuff i bought is called chemiclean red slime remover. the lfs said its very safe.... i'm already seeing some results. The stuff that was growing upwards is level with the sand it says it takes up to 48 hours and then you do a water change..... but everything in the tank seems to be reacting fine to it so far

Back
Top Bottom