Any issues with using turtle tank for fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daven

Aquarium Advice Freak
May be a stupid question, but i have a line on a pretty good price on an 80 gallon with stand and AC110 filter. He says it holds water and was used for a turtle. Im asuming they would be the same thing

The glass might be scratched up. Is this a tank built for turtles, or just an aquarium that someone kept turtles in? The "turtle tanks" I see at the store have a hole about 2/3 the way up on the side for a HOB filter....like this-
hqdefault.jpg

Is it a frag tank or breeder?? What are the dimensions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think its just a pretty standard older tank. 48"W x 18"D x 20"H i believe. No center brace which i was originally unsure about, but the glass is quite thick and filled to the rim im only seeing 1/8" bow out anyways which is hardly noticeable.

I just didnt know anything about keeping turtles and wasnt sure if tank generally used for this even got filled to the top. I will need to reseal is it seems as im getting a pinhole drip through the seam in one place, but other than it needing a good cleaning i think itll be fine. It was a good price with everything i got anyways

Many people deep into the hobby of turtle keeping do not use tanks listed as turtle tanks . They have holes in the side of the. We normally just use normal tanks and fill it up if the turtle unless it is a tiny baby turtle.

It's a 75 gal. I bought one like yours, 1/2" glass, no center brace..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks guys. It seemed pretty straight forward, i just figured it might be worth asking incase there was some reason it couldnt handle being filled to the top or something in that case. Hopefully it reseals nice (ive never done it before), but its the size of tank i wanted so im excited!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom