Anybody else's dog try to play with the fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yeti

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know this is kinda random but does anybody elses dog try to play with their fish? My dog takes his ball and brings it to the tank and sits there and wines at the fish waiting for them to throw his ball for him to fetch.. my angel just looks at him like an idiot and the tetras tease him.

I have a video for you guys once I can convert it from my cell to the computer...

This is why somone needs to convert a swimming pool into a fish tank. We need to see large animals interact with our fish, including ourselves with snorkel gear. Can't wait to see the video.

theotheragentm said:
This is why somone needs to convert a swimming pool into a fish tank. We need to see large animals interact with our fish, including ourselves with snorkel gear. Can't wait to see the video.

Are we talking a giant malawi setup, a huge amazon biotope, or natural bass habitat? :p

Awwwwwww, how cute!! I have a labbie that thinks everyone was put on this earth to love her and play with her too! :) What color is yours? Mine is chocolate, soon to be 4 and the best, most beautiful girlie in the world!!!!!!

Black lab.. dumb as a rock but smart as a tack too... he learned all his tricks in a matter of days if that.. but thinks everybody is his play thing..

I also have a chocolate lab at home (I'm in college now), but when I take my fish tank home for long breaks, I have to set it up while he's not watching otherwise he might get ahold of one of the fish. When it's already set up he'll watch it, but if he sees me messing with it, he tries to get a little too involved.

My mini daschund goes nuts with the fish tanks. The 55gl she puts her paws on the ledge and nips at the class, paws at the glass and barks, cries and goes nuts she can't catch these little things on the other side of the glass.

The tetra look at her like she is nuts. The clown loaches mess with her and swim back and forth in front of her like they are teasing. The catfish get freaked out and take off. lol

She grows tired of this and goes over and sits on the couch and stares down the rats and wags her tail and cries she cant get those either.

A cycle in my house and I hope she snaps out of it someday! lol

haha good luck my wife used to have one and they are crazy.. yeah when Im feeding or cleaning my dog likes to "help out" he licks up any water dropped on the carpet and ive discovered he likes flake food 8O so i have to make sure my lids on the food are closed tight when i put them back in the bucket (yes a bucket, i dont have any fancy storage haha)

my dog cant stand when i am cleaning my tank b/c i am not paying attention to her.

My dog also eats any food i drop, so i keep mine in a cabinet with a magnet latch (which i doubt would hold if she knew it was so easy to open)

lol thata a beautiful dog! my cats don't btoher them as much as I thought, well one does, but shes aold and just lays on the hood, my niece is the real one to watch out for! for 7 months old she can smack that tank glass pretty hard! lol

Oh yes flake food to them is a treat. The weenie dog licks all food that is dropped (my daughter cant open the lids very good and dumps some lol) and when changing water she is over there licking up water spots, follows me back and forth as I do my thing just hoping I will drop a fish for her. It never happens.

When we first got our Rottie, she would run form one side of tank to the other. I don't know if she was trying t herd them (Rotties were used to herd way back when) or just play chase. She loves to chase or be chased by dogs and people, and loves being petted rubbed, held, almost type of contact with people she knows. Now she doesn't really pay attention to the fish, I think she lost interest since I think she knows they can't physically interact.

Didn't have any tanks while my chocolate male was around but, if I took him fishing he would stare into the water every time I caught something, as soon as he could see it, he dove out of the boat!!

My cats follow me around and beg while I am feeding the fish. They LOVE fish food. And algae wafers too.

Back
Top Bottom