Anyone use ROWAphos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CCXGT

Aquarium Advice Addict
If so, what is your replacement rate?

I run some in my 10G in a HoB (not ideal, but it's what I got) and I haven't changed it in about 4 months.

I'm just assuming for now that when Phosphate starts showing, I change it out.

I test PO4 levels maybe every other week or so using Saliferts kit.

It literally hasn't shown ANY colour (verified by my sister and mother (since women are better at this stuff)) and was wondering if I should be looking out for something else to be replacing it?

Apart from giving the bag a bit of a clean during maintenance, I haven't touched it.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I use it and ya, I hardly have to change it. I run it in a phosban reactor and when I put it in my phosphates were really high, in a week I had zero phosphates. I ran the first batch for about 4 months then noticed minimal phosphates so I changed it out and a day later back to zero. I've been running that for about 4 months now and still no sign of phosphates. Its amazing at what it does.

Depending on bioload I would say 4-6 months. Monitor phosphate levels once every few weeks and replace when you see it rising. I was skeptical of it, but a real believer now.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom