Apartment fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larochem595

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi Folks,

I am going to be moving to a second floor apartment and of course I am taking my fish with me!

I only have a 10 g aquarium. But, I still worry about a potential for leaks and hope to get my security deposit back when I leave. Is there anything I can put under my tank to capture leaks and divert it to a sink? Does such a product exist?

Is there anything else I should think about to protect the apartment and the floor below me?

Hope this doesn't sound like a silly question...
Thank you for any advice you have.

Michelle

If you’re just wanting to have a chance to spot a slow leak something like this would work.

Ottomanson TRY400-30X15 Multi-Purpose Indoor & Outdoor Waterproof Tray, 15" x 30", Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LBL9XKE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_STIuFbZ8E73NM

For a full tank blow out you would have to have the tank in a tub to catch it all. But even a clear tub has terrible visibility. You could put the tank inside a larger tank?

Probably not much to worry about. When aquarium seals begin to fail, it's usually not a catastrophic collapse, but is more likely to be a seeping or dripping situation.
You more than likely have time to figure out a solution.

Check your apartment lease to see if there is any mention of NOT have an aquarium in your apartment.

Back
Top Bottom