API Calcium Tester

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bootz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I feel that i have been getting inaccurate results due to minor discrepancy in color changes. When you read the directions its stats that it is completed once it changes from pink to blue yet fails to mention an intermediate color of purplish blue. is the the intermediate purplish blue the endpoint or do i keep adding?

I agree with you the paper that comes with it says it will change to blue but if you look at the color on the paper that says it is the endpoint color it is purple so Im not sure what the color should be but it can make a difference on your finally reading by up to 50 ppm

I quit using my api calcium test kit because of this. I preferr tests that go off a drop count. Like salifert or seachem. I like my seachem test kit but is expensive and only goes to 500.

It has to turn a definitive shade of blue. Your at the very end when its purple 1 or 2 more drops should turn it

i think im going to email API get a definite answer so there is no more confusion

Back
Top Bottom