API Pyramid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin83

Aquarium Advice Activist
i was down at Petco and bought a APi master test today and it came with a 7 Day pyramid Fish feeder .. its this block you drop in the water and it dissolves and periodicaly pops out food ..somehow.. was wondering if anyone has used them of if there any good

thanks

~Justin~

Those things have a tendency to foul up your water. Never used one... But fish don't really need it. If the vacation is longer then 2 weeks, you'd be better off finding a fish sitter.

thanks for your input homedog its much appriceated im not completely sure what im doing just yet but im on the site every night after work trying to teach myself what i need to know lol.. my Girl is starting to wonder if i care bout the fish more than her now lol.. :p

the longest any of my vacations would be is 4 mabey 5 days what do i do for that time span??

also i bought a bottle of API tap water Conditioner was that the right stuff to get rid of chlorine and Chloramines it says removes chlorine and brakes the chloramine bond on the bottle

That will work, but the next time your in there, I'd invest in some prime by seachem. It's good stuff. For 4 or 5 days... I've let my fish fast for 3, so I'm guessing you'll be ok for four or five. Just feed twice a day before you leave, and they aughta be fine.

ok great that puts me a little bit at ease for the 4th of july family camp out for a few days :) .. ok so prime i will go and get that tomarrow then ... Thanks for the info

No problem. Also, do a 25% water change the day you leave. It helps keep things from going nuts while your gone.

Agreed with HD... 4-5 days without a feeding should be fine. The problem with those time release feeders is all that food is sitting in the tank... it is going to cause a rise in ammonia and PO4. Fasting is a better option. It is actually healthy for the fish to do that every now and then anyway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom