Approved postings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MeCasa

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just made a post and a pop up came up and stated something along the lines of the post needing approval. Do all posts need approval?

I'm not a mod, but from what I understand, sometimes with new members, a post has to be approved first. From there, a mod can allow all of your posts to be approved automatically. I think that sometimes the site tries to filter out spammers and gets confused with non-spam posts. :)

After reading some, it could be because I was asking questions about a specific product and included a link to that product?

I'm not sure if links are allowed :blink:

Links are allowed, but as a new member, it probably just triggered an alert to the forum system, I bet. :) Welcome to the forum! lol

I'm glad links are allowed because half the game is finding good leads for equipment although like most of you I hope that the day ALL my equipment is bought is right around the corner. Problem is the corner seems to keep moving.

I'm building a 150 for my 11/12 yr. old grandkids. and it's becoming like the vacation road trip. Except "how much farther" is now "when can we buy THE FISH"

YOU SAID WE WERE GETTING FISH!!! :ermm:

It's an anti-spam measure. Your first few posts are flagged if they have links, but as long as they aren't in violation of the site rules, they're approved when a mod or admin is online.

As Jonathan said its an added measure of keeping spammers from the site. You have no idea how many spammers we catch with this. It only last for about your first 10 posts. Thanks for understanding.

Back
Top Bottom