Aqua C Remora for a 55gal FOWLR?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dolphinsfan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Another quetsion for my new 55 gal FOWLR tank. After much resaerch, I have set up my tank as follows: 65lbs live rock, (2) Koralia 2 (600 gph) each and have ordered a Aqua C Remora skimmer w/ maxi-jet 1200 yet to arrive. I plan on stocking my tank with 1 bicolor angel, 1 occelaris clown, 1 royal gramma and maybe a couple of gobies or small wrasse. (Plus maybe a couple cleaner shrimp and a clean up crew of course). Did I order an appropriate rated skimmer for this tank? It says it is rated for up to a 75 gallon tank. After reading some other posts, maybe I should have gone with the Remora Pro. Too late now...somebody please reassure me...

If you're going FOWLR only, you should be OK as long as you don't overload it. The stock list you gave doesn't seem overly taxing on the system, so you're probably OK. I've got the Remora Pro on my 46g, but I knew I was going reef.

I have a Aqua C Remora in a 55 gallon reef tank and my tank is doing well. It's been running for the past 4 years problem free. You will not regret going with the Aqua C Remora. They are idiot proof and require very little maintenance. They even custom made my skimmer because I have an acrylic tank and the lip came out too far.

Back
Top Bottom