aqua c remora pro not skimming.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tikimask05

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey there, i just put an aqua c remra pro w/ mag drive 3 pump in my 90 gal about two weeks ago, at first it was working fine (too good actually), but two days ago it kinda lost its power, it started making a loud noise, and the water flow was very weak, i just rinsed the intake foam and looks like the water flow got a little stronger but not like the way it should be, the collection cup collects water but no too many suds. can anyone advise? (sorry for the long post! :)

Loud noise... like coming from the pump, or coming from the spray chamber of the skimmer itself?

Perhaps it skimmed everything there was to skim? Mine (remora pro/mag3) comes and goes as far as skimmate production. And it's always skimmed very very wet.

it was coming from the skimmer itself, just did a water change today and its back to the full power, no suds on the collection cup tho, also, how can i make it noise free? (if thats possible).......

thx so much for the advice.....also im a bit confused when it comes to the pump, its a magdrive but i see three brands out there...DANNER, SUPREME and PONDMASTER.... anyone know the difference?

Back
Top Bottom