Aquarium upgrade advice....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone have advice from going from canister to a sump?

I'm so overwhelmed. I'm scared I won't know what to do or set one up. Is it hard?

Well, calm down! A sump is just another body of water under the tank. It is simple. I built one out of a tank and cut glass when I was fresh into the hobby. What type of info are you looking to know to help ease your fears and set one up?

Mind checking out the link? The tank I bought has a sump. Do u think I can install a refrugium?

I think of my sump as my second tank, just no fish and filtration only. Believe me, its great!!! The only filtration items in my tank are overflow,return,and powerhead. You can also colonize quarantine sponges in it. I have my heater , skimmer, filter socks, and filter pads in mine. I also do my water testinf in it. Just keep an eye on the water level. Good luck!

I'll need lots of luck and advice. So thanks so far and thanks ahead to everyone. The posted photo is my current tank. I'll be picking up the new tank next Saturday. To be put in place of the existing. Should I cycle the tank for a few days first before moving everything from the existing tank in?

Back
Top Bottom