Are danios dangerous to baby crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joshigo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone I'm new here, I just got a pair of electric blue crayfish and one of them has eggs now and I was wondering if zebra danios would harm the young ones if or when they hatch

They should not be a huge concern, but as very small Crayfish could be nipped at.

The bigger concern is the parents eating the babies, and babies eating babies as well. They will molt pretty frequently, and become possible targets as their shells take time to harden up.

I couldn't believe it would be such a big deal thinking of it from a human perspective, was very surprised, even as well fed babies they can be little monsters. Thinking about how, in a fish tank, they do not have as many places to disperse and hide like they would in a pond or lake.

Babies do what comes naturally which is scavenge all around every where looking for a meal.

Thank you very much I was already aware of the danger from each other and I am not sure weather they will hatch because I just got it and it suddenly stopped apparing and when I checked on her I found out about the eggs about three days after I bought her so I just need to know how much risk is there to them if the eggs do hatch

Back
Top Bottom