Are my clowns sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandon K.A

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got these two clowns in my tank. I bought them as a pair and drip acclimated them. A few hours later I noticed they are climbing or swimming against the glass. the baby keeps swimming against the glass all over the tank and the adult kinda leans on the sand. sry, the pic is sideways.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130726_201853.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130726_201853.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 115
No they are not sick. Are these your first clowns? You will see then do this and a lot of other weird things mine climb the glass like yours are doing and at night they dig a crater in the sand and 3 of mine will sleep there together on there side....

I figured these were your first clowns....your in for a treat with these guys the do some weird amazing things they are entertaining especially if they start hosting an anemone or coral, but like I said earlier if you see them at night laying on their side sleeping on the sandbed they are not dead mine scared me the first time I seen this?

Remember when first got mine, I came in one night and looked into tank and one clown was up against the inlet of my filter like was getting sucked in because he was dead, my heart stopped for mine till he moved away haha but guess that was his spot as always slept there till upgraded tank

phew I was like what did I do wrong now? but nvm. Glad to hear it is normal. They are eating now, and are very very active. Thanks all!

Mine spend most of their time swimming up and down against the back of the tank as if they think the back of the tank is the bottom so you are not alone. Guess they call them clownfish for more than just their looks.

Back
Top Bottom