bean animal overflow

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waffle

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've decided to do the bean animal system on my 125 gal with 1.5 " holes my question is would there be a problem with setting up the over flow boxs on each side of the tank, since its going between rooms

is this enough????

Im planning on doing a bean animal over flow with 1.5" holes I have a mag drive 5 and a mag drive 7 for my returns will these b enough unroll I get my mag 18?

1.5" holes or 1.5" bulkheads? 1.5" plumbing will only flow about 900gph IIRC. Bean animal uses one full siphon, one emergency, and one backup, right?

Any info on an external overflow box I'm trying to keep everything based off the websites model just external, more room in the tank, how would the dt flow into the overflow while still keeping the surface skimming

An external overflow box? How would you accomplish this? Drilling the tank I'd assume? Wouldn't this negate one of the points of this system of having the "coast to coast" overflow trickle into the system?

I'm not doing coast to coast I'm more interested in the pipe design, I'm doing it on the side of the tank aswell.. I'm trying to make as much room as possible inside the tank to give it a more natural look. This tank is sitting between rooms any pipes going down the middle will be an an eye swore. I seen videos on YouTube with an external bean animal, but I don't know exactly how is done, and how I can tweak it so it would be efficient on the side.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom