Best fish for high-traffic areas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharkie1025

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 10 gallon set up in my high school science class that will be finished cycling soon, and I want to begin choosing fish for it. It's a relatively high traffic area, so shy fish won't be happy. What stocking do you recommend? My teacher really likes angelfish, so I was thinking of getting a small pair to grow out there and then bring them back home to put in some of my bigger tanks. Would that work? What other ideas do you have?

My suggestion is to not put anything in the tank that can't live permanently in a 10, so that no one who sees the tank gets any dumb ideas.

How about a colony of shelldwelling cichlids- neolamprologus multifasciatus? They're interesting and they're not shy.

Shellies would be nice!^^^ (what Sini said)

If you are looking for something colorful you could do guppies or platies

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

You could go colorful with Swordtails, Guppies, Platies or action with Danios or some assorted smaller Barbs and Dwarf type Gouramis. Then there are the shellies ( as Sini suggested). I don't know that I would do Angels in a high traffic area no matter what size the tank so I wouldn't suggest those ( even tho the teach likes them. ;) ) There are brackish water fish you could do or some marine fish as well but it depends on how much the school or you wants to spend. (y)

Back
Top Bottom