Best FW heater for 29 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homedog98

Aquarium Advice Addict
Right now I have the fluval 100 watt rated for up to 29 gallon tanks. I have it turned to the highest temp (86) and it has a hard time getting past 80. should I upgrade to the 150 watt, or buy a better heater?

I agree with HUKIT about the 5wpg guideline for average tanks... of course, that falls through a little in bigger tanks. A 150-200w is perfect for a 29. I use a 200w in 29-40, then bump it up to 250-300w for 55g on up to 100+... I have a 300w in my 150, though, and it heats just fine (and not on all the time).

I run a 150w one on my 30g long and it keeps temps stable. I have it placed horizontally across the back of the tank.

I don't have any personal experience since I've switched to Eheim Jäger's since the Stealths went south and I couldn't be more pleased with looks and performance but I've heard good things about the Fluval and the Aqueon models.

HUKIT said:
I don't have any personal experience since I've switched to Eheim Jäger's since the Stealths went south and I couldn't be more pleased with looks and performance but I've heard good things about the Fluval and the Aqueon models.

Ok, I guess I'll just upgrade to the fluval 150. It's a good looking heater... I just wish mine was big enough lol.

Back
Top Bottom