Best Sand Bed Cleaners?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have red leg hermits and blue legged hermits. Also Nassarius snails but nothing seems to eat detritus off the sand bed. Would a few brittle stars work? I have a reef tank so they have to be reef safe. Thanks. It's also a 55 gallon aquarium.

I have red leg hermits and blue legged hermits. Also Nassarius snails but nothing seems to eat detritus off the sand bed. Would a few brittle stars work? I have a reef tank so they have to be reef safe. Thanks. It's also a 55 gallon aquarium.

Twin spot crab eye gobies or diamond gobies

One conch and you are done. I wish I had put one into my system earlier. I've tossed tons of things in to stir up the sand and nothing has done as well of a job as the conch.

One conch and you are done. I wish I had put one into my system earlier. I've tossed tons of things in to stir up the sand and nothing has done as well of a job as the conch.

Are they good in a 55 gallon?

I started with 10 blue legged hermit crabs they didn't do much for the sand bed so I bought 1 watchman goby ,
The best fish ever IMO .
My 75 gal went from all the sand was brown / black to white in a couple days . But he will tunnel under all your rock work which may cause rocks to collapse if they are on top of the sand

Back
Top Bottom