Beta mad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KPCustoms

Aquarium Advice Freak
O In my 28 gallon nano cube I have 5 black skirt tetras, 3 guppies, 3 platys, and a crown tail beta. When I came home last night my beta which is normally really nice was attacking everything it got close to all of my parameters are normal but I put a new piece of driftwood that had been soaking for 6 weeks in a trash can because it was a big peice but the water is really brown from it I am doin 50% pwc every week but does anyone have any idea why all of a sudden he had become so aggressive?

Beta fish are usually very aggressive twords other fish, they are best kept alone or in a divided tank the driftwood should have been soaked in a tub and the water changed until it no longer was tea colored

I have had him for over a month and he hasn't so much as chased any of the other fish that's why I thought it was weird like he was having an extremely bad day or something. And I got the wood from my sister in law and she said she did it all but it had been out of water for a month and I guess it being out of the water caused it to leach more

Idk much more about betas but the DW will leech again, even drying out for a month will make it leech again, the stuff it leeches isn't bad just unsightly . Ive also heard that some form of boiling and soaking will held waterlog your DW

Back
Top Bottom