Betta has fin rot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ainsleythurston

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,
I have a question, I brought medicine for my betta and my husband sloshed him around pretty good when we drove yesterday.. He has fin rot now and cotton wool.. I put bettafix in his water.. My question is can I put bettafix and this stuff called simply betta for fungus and bacterial together or what.. I also need to know if i need to get something better for him.. He is in a 1/2 gallon bowl and I know he needs something bigger.. Please let me know so I can treat him asap.. Or let me know if it is going to work.. I will go to the petstore asap.. He is only going to stay five days in the bowl..
Thanks..:(

well everytime my bettas get sick all i use is dried banana leaves it works for me.

If I had some banana leaves I would use it.. lol.. But I don't so another option..:rolleyes:

how about almond leaves...you could get these from fish stores thats where i use to get it until i planted my own banana but for anything else i wouldn't know cause thats the only thing i use.

I wouldn't mix the two medicines. I have never seen Simply Betta products to read over the label and the directions. Bettafix has never worked too well for me. I would recommend that you try to find a product called Fungus Eliminator by Jungle Labs. It has always worked well for me for bettas that have a fungal or bacterial infection.

Back
Top Bottom