Betta tankmates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frontosa Lover

Aquarium Advice Regular
Any ideas? Large tank with plenty of cover. Would glass cats work? They are complete opposites to the betta. Other options appreciated and sought after. Thanks☺. P.s. It's going to be a male.

Last edited:
What size tank are you thinking of?

I had a short-fin betta in a 30gal with live-bearers. Swordtails I think. No issues from memory. Except with the gourami - definately didn't get along.

Some neons might work, depending on your betas personality. Also, you could consider some shrimp or a merits,mystery snail. Good Luck! :)

I have always had tank mates for my Betta's. I found that as long as no one has flowing fins that the betta did not harass the other fish.

Neons, Cherry Barbs, Khuli Loaches, Denison Barbs, frogs, snails, all ok.

Shrimp proved to be an expensive meal for the betta. No shrimp.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My experience has been it is up to the Betta...

My current Betta is fine with 3 Albino Cories and 4 Mystery Snails but is pretty sure Neons are intruders.

What size tank are you thinking of?

I had a short-fin betta in a 30gal with live-bearers. Swordtails I think. No issues from memory. Except with the gourami - definately didn't get along.

175g. Okay so harlequin rasbora school, glass cat school and male betta. Could I add an emarlald cory, or are they too glamorous ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom