BIO- Spira for Brackish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pauls Aquariums

Aquarium Advice Regular
I always add beneficial bacteria into tanks to always keep it running smoothly, so ive recently set up a brackish and i dont know if i should use the regular API stress Zyme for freshwater or use the Bio spira for marine.

You can just skip it altogether IMO. Your wasting your money constantly adding bottled bacteria to your tanks. The nitrifying bacteria is free all around you. It regulates itself according to your tanks bioload.

If you go with any, use the freshwater version. Stresszyme doesn't do a whole lot though, pick tetra safestart, dr tims one and only, or the angelsplus active seeded filter. Note that I've never done it this way and have always slowly converted a full FW tank to brackish over a long period of time, since most 'brackish' fish are kept in FW at the LFS.

The Mono Sebae in your avatar will eventually need to be converted from brackish water to saltwater since that is where they live as an adult. Keeping them in low-end brackish water allow them to live for ~5 years, but these fish are able to live past 10+ years in saltwater settings.

Back
Top Bottom