Biocube 14 Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rysearc

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought a Biocube 14 gal off of craigslist. Big mistake! I was told it had a bad ballast or bulb It turns out It has a bad ballast, bulb, And fixture. Can any one tell me where I can get a new fixture? The cheapest ballast I can find is about 50 bucks. The one bulb that did work now will not. By the time this is done I could have bought a brand new Biocube. Thanks for any help on the fixture.

Ok after a little more work and a new bulb I have gathered a little more information, but I am even more lost now. It appears that both ballast, bulbs, and fixture work just not at the same time. I will try to explain this the best I can. We will call this ballast and cord A and B. If I have ballast A plugged into cord A and Ballast B plugged into cord B I have one light and fan that works. If I unplug cord A and plug it into ballast B the fans and opposite light work but not the light that worked with the A to A and B to B. I hope i have explained this in a way that makes sense. In my thought process both ballast must be working in I can get both lights to work by switching the plug in set up. What has me confused is why wont both lights work at the same time? Any help would be appericated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom