Black Angelfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

A-N-I

Aquarium Advice Newbie
About two months ago, when I first set up my 30 gallon tank, the first fish I bought were angelfish.
One zebra? and one black. (I fell instantly in love with the black one when I first saw him in the store)
Sadly, after about two weeks, my black angelfish died. (I think he got fin rot.) By the time I realized something was wrong, it was too late. I put some melafix in the tank to see if that would help, but it didnt. It was really sad. My grandma used to own a fish shop, and knows her stuff about fish. She told me that black angelfish were kind of finicky, and that they can be difficult to raise to maturity.
What are some tips to keeping black angelfish? I would love to get another black angelfish, but I would like to know exactly what they like/need before I do so.

Find a local breeder of black angelfish. Actually, that's good advice for angelfish in general. Like many aquarium staples, angelfish have been bred into oblivion and many of the ones you see in fish stores are sickly already. Get angelfish from someone who raises them for quality. I bet you could even find someone one here who would sell some good ones to you... a few names come to mind lol.

Back
Top Bottom