Black Ghost Knife Fish - Water Perimeters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquachic4545

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok. I have a question. I'm slowly learning about planted tanks (thanks to those who've been giving me fantastic advice), but I need to know more about my ghost knife fish. I know that planted tanks need a bit of Nitrogen (not doing anything yet - still collecting data to make sure I'm a good fishkeeper) which according to Flourish is a combination of Nitrates but I'd read that Black ghost knife fish are really, really sensitive. Am I wrong? If the dose doesn't go above 5-10 ppm, will my ghost knife fish be ok? I found that number on a planted tank website.

Also, I want to feed him frozen cubes occasionally - but they float up to the top...having a hard time figuring out how to feed him these other than dunking up to my upper arm and holding them in front of him. Does anyone have a great suggestion?

Turkey baster? Really? Cool idea. I hadn't thought of that one. I'll head over to Bed, Bath and Beyond. I bet I could find a big one there.

Back
Top Bottom