Bloated angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spiketooth

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i have a angel fish with a bloated stomach. i am sure because he eat too much. he eats everything i put in the tank, even food that is not meant for him like algae wafers guppy food cory pallets. and he always agressive when it comes to feeding time with the other angel fish like all the food i put in is all his. i tried to stop the aggression by directing his attention to the other side of the tank which helps the other fish eat a little. He is always scavenging the bottom for more food. i am worried he is going to eat himself to death. i got one picture of him and the other angel fish. his scales does not look buffed out.

Attachments

• DSC_0635.jpg
    DSC_0635.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 95
  • DSC_0636.jpg
    DSC_0636.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 98
angels will over eat. try feeding some shelled blanched peas from a can. this will help them digest there food. and remember that females are fatter than the males.i feed mine one time in the morning and one at night. you might have to move it to another tank for a lil bit

was afraid you were going to say that( move them to another tank) i have my 40 but that is loaded with guppy frys right now and they still got a couple more weeks before i can take them to the lfs. i will pick up some peas when i get off of work tomorrow. also feed them little by little, in attempt to fast him and as always thanks bob

Got home from work and my angel was not really bloated anymore. Think he just had alot of food in him

good - be sure not to over feed - i only feed 2 times a day and one day a week i dont feed as to let them empty.

Back
Top Bottom