Boesemani Rainbows at higher temps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbishopw

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am wondering if anyone has kept Boesemani Rainbows at 80-81 degrees. I really like these fish, and I've seen a couple profiles state the low eighties as the high end of their ideal/tolerable range; yet, I've seen others that say never let them get above 78, and they do better below that.
I'm in the desert, and usually keep my house around 78-80 during the summer. My fiancé would probably love it if I had to drop the house temp to 76 to keep the fish happy, though. On the other hand, I'm cheap and power is expensive. I've looked at chiller fans, but then that throws my warmer water potential lineup all off.

Thanks to anyone sharing their experience.

I've had Bosemani for years and like you, let my house get very warm in the summer, even up to 85. The fish were fine. But I cool the house at night with a whole house fan and that brings the temperature down and provides a breeze over the tank.

Awesome. Thank you - that's what I wanted to hear. Everything else slides perfectly in with the tank parameters and compatibility, so I think I have a working roster when this tank finally cycles.

Back
Top Bottom