Boys, girls or both?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't, but they are very cute. My daughter wanted a turtle for a pet, it got the size of a dinner plate! I couldn't believe it. Lol

Sent from anteatergoanna's burrow

Yea. They apparently grow based on their habitat. Mines a crowded 10 gallon so they shouldn't grow two fast or to big soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Males have longer tails and claws. Females have shorter claws and shorter tails.

Turtles nor any animal grows to the size of its habitat. It will be stunted but it's internal organs will keep growing leading to a slow and painful death. If I understand correctly you have two red eared sliders in a ten gallon. That is not near enough. They need a 40 gallon breeder at a minnimum.

Well I don't have the money to get a brand new setup nor the place to put it. When they get to bigger then they r now. I'll have to find someone to either buy them or give me a tank.

If you can get a pick of their tail and hands I can identify sex.

Sorry if I came across as rude or mean spirited. I just wanted to let you know that what you have now is not a good permanent home for your turtles.

I know. Ty. I was simply saying I didn't have the money to upgrade the tank. XD

And to the second to last post. I won't be able to take their pic till tomorrow or in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom