Broken thermomotor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dralarms

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well a few days ago I was watching as my big snail latched onto my floating therm., I then watched it as it sunk to the bottom of my 46 gal tank. A couple hours later I hear this craaack, and come to find my therm. floating and the snail on the bottom of the tank. No problem I thought, I just hook it back up bey the suction cups. Today I walked past my 100+ tank (same therm.), and notice water in the unit. Low and behold It busted the top when it hit the glass top of the aquarium. BTW for all those who are concerned or even care. the beads in the therm. are actually steel shot not lead. If you bust one just get a magnet to get the beads out. :D

Between a puffer and a trigger I've lost three therms just like you described. The first time they did it they were so thorough that it was a couple of weeks before I found any remains of the old therm. I have to keep it in the skimmer box now and my puffer will park just outside staring at it.

Back
Top Bottom