Bubbles floating on surface!!???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spence22

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ive been pretty concerned with my aquarium lately. Ive just recently medicated my goldie in my main aquarium. Its been over 4 days since the last dose of medication. Ive done almost a 100% water change with in the last 3 days, BUT their is still bubbles floating on top of the water!! I think its from the Melafix that I used acouple weeks ago or the Maracyn 2 that I just used last week. I put in a fresh carbon pouch into my Fluval 205 canister filter and a filter pad/carbon into my Pengiun Biowheel 150 after I was done dosing with the Melafix and after the Maracyn 2 but it doesnt seem to be absorbing the bubbles. The only other thing that It could possible be is dechlorinator,thats the only chemical I actually put in my water routinly. I use Aquean dechlorinator, has anybody had any issues using this stuff?

So basically what im asking is does Maracyn 2 cause bubbles? I know melafix does but shouldnt it have been absorbed by now, especially after a 90% water change?? Whats your thoughts about the possibilty of the Aquean dechlorinator being the cause?

I know too much of certain dechlors can cause bubbles on the surface.

I've had the issues myself a few times, trying sucking out the bubbles and use less dechlor, hope that helps :)

Back
Top Bottom