Buddha Red's Im broke but still gonna have a 29g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buddha Red

Aquarium Advice Newbie
im planning a 29g community fresh tank. i want that WOW its an awesome aquarium. I will use java ferns and anything a standard bulb will grow. some sinkable driftwood, Im not looking for a liquid garden at this time.

Im wanting to use black gravel, black backdrop. do everything i can to make the colors of the fish POP. one blue bulb and one white bulb. is that worth messing with?

Also do people still use bio wheels? im thinking a HOB bio-wheel
or os there fuval xp1 or xp2 still used as fresh canisters? 29g is on that line for me, if it was 55g canister all the way.

any and all thoughts appreciated, ill add to this thread as i gain gear!

B_R:thanks:

Sounds like it will be a nice tank. What fish are you planning to stock? I have a 35 gallon "gold" fish tank. Not goldfish...lol. I have black sand, black background, dark driftwood and stuck with the same plant (fake unfortunately) in different heights through the tank. It was an accident at first, but I started stocking with white cloud minnows, golden dojo loach and albino bn pleco. I must say, its pretty striking having all that dark and green, and those gold colored fish just POP. Planning to add a couple of red platys, red cherry shrimp, and a gold gourami or gold angelfish as my showfish to the mix ( the minnows have red tails, so those little pops of red will look awesome).
I definitely say go with the black sand and background. As far as filters go, I am using an hob on mine currently, but am ordering a caniser from amazon next week. I love the eheim canisters, and think they are well worth the money. Maybe look into the classic 3313. Under 80 bucks. If you go filter, go with either the biowheel or an aquaclear. Thats what I have, and they re awesome, you can customize the media to fit your needs ( much like a canister, lol).

I use black sand and have the back of the tank painted black as well, love the subdued look it gives the tank. aquaclear or biowheel for filters are good.

Back
Top Bottom