Calcium levels especially high..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Feron

Aquarium Advice Freak
I ran my calcium test for the first time last night...
It was about 600..
Reading the forums I know it's recommended to have 400-450.
Is this especially dangerous for livestock? (I only have hermits and snails plus the stuff that lives on the lr atm).
I was planning on going out and procurring some clowns today, but will hold off if needs be.
I'm using ro/di and a blend of coralife and instant ocean salts (properly blended, not just chucked together) and all other water params are either perfect or very close, with the exception of iodines, which are slightly high, but within acceptable levels for all reef life.

Advice?

Are you sure of your test kit? Maybe a second opinion might be needed. I`ve also heard that when you have high calcium you should check Alk levels. just a few suggestions.

Alk is normal to high, calcium is about the same between a hagen and salifert test..
Should I put off my clown purchase today cause of this?

Also, I forgot to mention, I added garf grunge plus recently, which is mostly shells from what I can see, would that add a high level of calicium?
Everything looks great in the tank...snails and hermits happily moving around, little algae left on the rocks or glass (thus me wanting to get a little fish in there to help add some load for my cleaners)

Back
Top Bottom