Can I let my turtle play in my backyard Koi pond wile I clean his tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco1415

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My RES turtle always bites me while I'm cleaning his tank so I was wondering if I'd be able to put him in the pond for an hour or 2. The water is clean and a good temperature but I just want someone else's advice before I do anything.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I personally wouldn't, just because if you put it in there you might a) never get it out again if it hides or b) it might get out and run away. It would be much easier to just put it in a plastic container while cleaning the tank.

I personally wouldn't, just because if you put it in there you might a) never get it out again if it hides or b) it might get out and run away. It would be much easier to just put it in a plastic container while cleaning the tank.

The pond is only aprx 100 gallons and it's in closed so I wasn't too worried about him getting away I was just worried about possibly shocking him with the change in water if that's possible with a turtle.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I would say no it wouldnt shock hom as my one just put fresh water in there from the tap as theu dont breath under water so as long as the water anit to fold he should be fish as long as he can get out mate hope this help

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

But what i have found with mine is he will eat any think he can get in his mouth so if your koi anit that big i wouldnt if you still want fish as mine went for every think i tryed in his tank

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It really depends on the size of your koi. Personally, I would not. Your turtle would probably go after the fish. I usually barricade a small area and let my turtle hang out there while I clean her tank.

Back
Top Bottom