Can I use super/carzy glue in my tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think super glue is toxic and not 100% waterproof. I'd re-silicone it. You'd have to drain the tank and dry it out, then seal it. Takes 24-48 hours to cure before being added back in the water though. You can buy aquarium safe 100% silicone at home depot.

Wait until the silicone has fully had time to cure. The outside may be dry but the inner part may still be wet. Give it a full 24 hours, 48 is better. One thing I have found, sometimes silicone will not stick to old silicone. You may have to remove all the silicone and reseal the whole tank. Hopefully you wont, but dont be surprised if you do. Fill the tank somewhere that wont get damaged of the sealant doesnt hold and let it sit for 24 hours before bringing it into the house.

Check your silicone. Make sure it doesnt have any colorings, mildew inhibitors or anything else added to it. Use something like GE Type I 100% pure silicone only. Dont use Type II or the kitchen/bath types.

Back
Top Bottom