Can shrimp be no tech?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trennamw

Aquarium Advice Addict
No heat no light no filtration?

Sorry this is sort of a duplicate of one in the planted section ...

I would like to put something near my desk at work, but the area doesn't have any outlets to spare (we are at the safe limit with an extension cord and stuff from a far wall).

I'm curious if shrimp might do well with ...

3 gallons
Ph 6.5
Indirect southern sunlight
GH and KH 4. More if necessary (I already supplement up from <1)
Temps 68-76 I think, not spanning that whole range in a day. Fluctuates about 4 degrees in a day I believe.
Heavily planted (Java moss, Java fern, something floating)
Ada Amazonia substrate

I'm experienced (18 months) with fish and I'm a good water keeper. My tanks so far haven't had illness or algae (when I thought I had sick fish they recovered). Ive done well with delicate fish like Otos (haven't lost any). I've kept this tank planted and unfiltered with a betta. I haven't done well with inverts in the community tank (ghost shrimp and mystery snails), they don't live long.

That being said I absolutely don't want RCS. lol. Something more visually striking. The tank will be at the entrance of a granite and Quartz showroom, sitting on some highly patterned Quartz.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

No heat no light no filtration?

Sorry this is sort of a duplicate of one in the planted section ...

I would like to put something near my desk at work, but the area doesn't have any outlets to spare (we are at the safe limit with an extension cord and stuff from a far wall).

I'm curious if shrimp might do well with ...

3 gallons
Ph 6.5
Indirect southern sunlight
GH and KH 4. More if necessary (I already supplement up from <1)
Temps 68-76 I think, not spanning that whole range in a day. Fluctuates about 4 degrees in a day I believe.
Heavily planted (Java moss, Java fern, something floating)
Ada Amazonia substrate

I'm experienced (18 months) with fish and I'm a good water keeper. My tanks so far haven't had illness or algae (when I thought I had sick fish they recovered). Ive done well with delicate fish like Otos (haven't lost any). I've kept this tank planted and unfiltered with a betta. I haven't done well with inverts in the community tank (ghost shrimp and mystery snails), they don't live long.

That being said I absolutely don't want RCS. lol. Something more visually striking. The tank will be at the entrance of a granite and Quartz showroom, sitting on some highly patterned Quartz.

I vaguely remember but someone here (think it was TheresaM) had a no tech bowl with a RCS. It just got natural sunlight. Don't know if she still has it running though.

Caleb

I tossed in 6 rcs in a pool that sits under my deck. I use it to raise least killies and blue crayfish. I forgot all about them until I noticed babies sitting on the white sections of pcv pipe the crayfish use. No air, filter and almost literally no water changes.

I have a few no tech tanks. The largest is a heavily planted 10g with least killifish, otos, nerite snails, and RCS. In smaller tanks I have other Neocaridina shrimp varieties (orange sakura, blue jelly, yellow, red rili) as well as tiger shrimp.

I have a few no tech tanks. The largest is a heavily planted 10g with least killifish, otos, nerite snails, and RCS. In smaller tanks I have other Neocaridina shrimp varieties (orange sakura, blue jelly, yellow, red rili) as well as tiger shrimp.

Thank you!

There's a local person who offers OEBTs now and then. The water parameters he keeps are similar to mine. The black and white would be so amazing, but wow are they expensive.

Can both Cardina and neocardinia stand up to the temp swings?

Back
Top Bottom