Can you drink RODI water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

degbowl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know this must have been asked before. I just bought a filter that is just for fish tanks. It has a hose that can go directly to tank. Can that water be drank? I have heard that the water is too pure. Please let me know. Thanks!
Jim

I drink RO water all the time. Usually you don't drink DI water. The drinking water attachments that are sold with some of these units are made to be attached right after the RO membrane but before the DI filters. You do need a taste & odor filter after the RO similar to what you would hook an refrigerator/ice maker up to. My tap water here is terrible. The RO water is MUCH bettter.

Here is a drinking water kit for an RO/DI system:
Drinking Water Kit

I use my ro/di water for drinking, cooking (makes pasta taste alot better btw) and for the fishies.
Oh and for the dogs...and cats....
It's a frikkin zoo here!!!

they say that ro/di has none of the minerals and what not that we need. I use RO and it si great. Just put a T inline with a shut off on it and when you want RO water tune it on.

RO water is commonly drunk. The Glacier machines use RO, and I believe Dansai is just tap water run through RO with some additives. DI water is perfectly OK to drink, but it probably won't taste very good. Water's taste comes from the minerals dissolved and in suspension. DI or distilled water lacks those minerals and tends to be pretty unpalatable.

Back
Top Bottom