Canister for 37gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jtez

Aquarium Advice Activist
At the moment I'm running an internal filter on my 37gal planted. While it's gph is rated strongly enough for it I'm not entirely convinced how efficient it is, so I'm looking into getting a canister.

At the moment I'm looking at SunSun HW-302s. So far any reviews I've found online have given positive feedback, but I'd still like to know what other options are around I guess.

Being a student I'm fairly restrained by price. I haven't looked at my LFS yet, but that's on the to do list. So in general I'd just be interested in some discussion of some more affordable canisters :)

At the moment I'm running an internal filter on my 37gal planted. While it's gph is rated strongly enough for it I'm not entirely convinced how efficient it is, so I'm looking into getting a canister. At the moment I'm looking at SunSun HW-302s. So far any reviews I've found online have given positive feedback, but I'd still like to know what other options are around I guess. Being a student I'm fairly restrained by price. I haven't looked at my LFS yet, but that's on the to do list. So in general I'd just be interested in some discussion of some more affordable canisters :)

How much do you want to spend? Stay away from LFS prices until you find what you want. I am buying a Ehim 2217 for 142. The LFS seeks it for over 200. Another LFS sells it for over 300. I am having them price match it if not buy it online for the 142. Make sure you shop around.

ive heard good things about the sunsuns, are you ordering off of ebay?

Preferably less than $100, but I truly have no idea what the market for it is like so if I'll have to go higher then I will.

The biggest problem with buying online is often shipping, but it can still work out to be good value if i find a bargain or domestic (Australia).

The SunSuns I was looking at, I would be able to buy for about 80-100 with shipping off eBay.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom