Can't feed my Catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GouramiCichlid

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a Synodontis ocellifer in my 55 gallon cichlid tank. Whenever it's feeding time I can never seem to feed him the cichlids always eat it first. I tried sinking food but the cichlids always get it before it can hit the bottom. I also tried the lights off method it doesn't work its like the cichlids have thermo vision too or something what should I do? I don't want him to die :(
:fish1::fish1::fish1:

I have a similar problem. I find sinking pellets don't really work as the other fish snatch it away.

What seems to work is presoaking some flakes, or frozen blood worm, then squirting it into the tank near the fish you hope to feed. With a syringe or a baster. Also keep the other fish busy near the top by sprinkling small amount of flakes, and touching the surface with your finger or a chopstick to keep their attention there.

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for replying but sinking pellets just don't work at all I have alot of cichlids there are usually some who can find the pellets before it hits the floor

I would start dropping bigger pellets and/or wafers that are too big for your cichlids. Even if they continue to peck at them once they hit the bottom, hopefully your synodontis isn't too scared and he'll go grab some.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom