Carpet Anenome dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cb24

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had it for about two weeks and it seemed fine moving around opening and closing with the food. But today started to look very deflated so I watched it and then by the night it's inside started to come out clear sign it was dead so I removed it right away. Why is it dead?
I have plenty of movement
I have fed it brine shrimp
My parameters are
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate:0
Ph: 8.0

Any input would help

My lighting is poor which my lfs said was fine but from asking questions realized it wasn't strong enough for corals at all. But can over feeding really kill it?

Well lighting was your problem here.. Ive heard over feeding can stress them out because of the energy it takes to digest food

How often should you feed them? And is 14000k LEDs good enough? Like enough light?

You probably killed it. In the future, wait and see what it does before you decide it's dead and flush it. it was probably objecting to your water quality and/or lighting. Please refrain from purchasing things you are not sure you have the right environment for.
Do some research. Google it.

How often should you feed them? And is 14000k LEDs good enough? Like enough light?

what type of 14000k LEDs, the color temperature is one thing but its the intensity that is another and that is more important to know

In the LED world, you get what you pay for, basically moon lights. how bright they are means nothing, it is the wattage and quality (Cree 3 watt) that determines the penetration. Nems deflated all the time, it was probably still alive.

I agree that lighting is an issue here, but also agree that it probably wasn't dead either. I know I freaked out when I first saw my nem poop! Research is the key here if a lesson is learned...

I mean I'm not dumb and have done plenty research..it was becoming inside out which is definite sign of death with those.

Can't ask a simple question without people making you seem dumb but whatever. Trust me if you saw this it would've thought the same. I did plenty of research before that's why I'm asking why it died. I get the lights now but that's not my fault cuz I asked my lfs first all these questions and I did everything they told me and it died. They told me my lights were fine so I'm simply asking a question

I have seen anemones go through power heads, cut into 4's, and generally look like death only to bounce right back. An anemone showing it's stomach is not an indication that it's definitely dead. I don't mean to make you look stupid, but learn from more than one source than the LFS. Believe me, there is more bad advice coming from stores than good.

I have seen anemones go through power heads, cut into 4's, and generally look like death only to bounce right back. An anemone showing it's stomach is not an indication that it's definitely dead. I don't mean to make you look stupid, but learn from more than one source than the LFS. Believe me, there is more bad advice coming from stores than good.

this is true i once had a Big Al's rep tell me that coralline algae doesn't take to dry Lace rock. for god sake coralline algae grows on everything even plastic and glass

LFS can give horrible advice.. Ask questions here and do as much research online as you can.. Also, how long has your tank been set up? They need an established aquarium.

Can't ask a simple question without people making you seem dumb but whatever. Trust me if you saw this it would've thought the same. I did plenty of research before that's why I'm asking why it died. I get the lights now but that's not my fault cuz I asked my lfs first all these questions and I did everything they told me and it died. They told me my lights were fine so I'm simply asking a question

it would have shown signs before it died if it was your lights and i do beleieve it would have lived longer maybe it ate somethign as was just regurgitating it. anemones and corals tend to do this and carpets are known to eat everything including fish. is it possible it was spittign out a sell from a turbo snail.

this is all just speculation there is no need to get defensive, an anemone wouldn't just die out of the blue like that it would show signs of stress

did it look somethign liek this?

Anem2.jpg

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1955892
this link also takes you to a pic and where the user explained what happened after when he found out it was regurgitating a shrimp

Last edited:
It looked similar but it was literally becoming inside out. Like over the past couple days it got more and more deflated then yesterday throughout the day was turning inside out so that literally the stomach was almost completely out

Attachments

• image-863883399.jpg
    image-863883399.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 115
Back
Top Bottom