Celestial pearl addition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eAts

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello, I have a 45 gal pentagon. Current stock is 2x Bolivian rams and 6x Congo tetras and I just got 10x celestial pearl danios in but they are really really small. I don't think they can be eaten but I'm worried they maybe too little to go in the tank. I do not have a quarantine tank but I can stop and get one but will have to cycle it still. I can add some established media to Help start the tank but idk how quickly it would be ready. The last thing I want to do is kill the new fish. Any suggestions?

No suggestions? I think they are too small to go into the tank, could I get a breeder box or something similar instead of setting up another tank?

If you think they're too small you could get a breeder box or net or something similar. Danios are pretty active and they might be cramped. Why do you think they might be too small?

If you think they're too small you could get a breeder box or net or something similar. Danios are pretty active and they might be cramped. Why do you think they might be too small?

I bought them on AquaBid and the picture displayed full grown celestial pearls. It didn't not indicate the size of the fish that would be shipped. So I have little ones. Here is a pic of them and one of my bolivians, the congos i can never get a picture of, but they are still small. A few weeks back I added a few shrimp to see if they would be eaten and sure enough as soon as they went into the tank the bolivians got them and these are smaller than the shrimp.

Yeah, I would definitely keep them separate until they're a little bigger. Maybe you could get a divider for while? Nice tank, btw.

Back
Top Bottom