Changed my substrate after 5yrs of (mostly) black gravel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

subliminalme

Aquarium Advice Regular
I let my daughter pick out the gravel 5yrs ago when I bought this setup. Its just a standard 20gal "start up kit" by tetra. The more I cleaned the gravel, the more I hated the black. It made this little 20gal look even smaller if that's even possible.

She also picked out this cool little yellow submarine at wm. But as you can see it bubbled and chipped off so I threw it out.

I finally became confident enough to try to change my substrate and while picking out the kind I liked my daughter came across the same submarine (except ceramic and bigger) ?

What do y'all think about the change? ❤

Attachments

• 20170729_142506.jpg
    20170729_142506.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 66
  • 20170729_144332.jpg
    20170729_144332.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 62
I let my daughter pick out the gravel 5yrs ago when I bought this setup. Its just a standard 20gal "start up kit" by tetra. The more I cleaned the gravel, the more I hated the black. It made this little 20gal look even smaller if that's even possible.

She also picked out this cool little yellow submarine at wm. But as you can see it bubbled and chipped off so I threw it out.

I finally became confident enough to try to change my substrate and while picking out the kind I liked my daughter came across the same submarine (except ceramic and bigger) ?

What do y'all think about the change? ❤
It looks better in my humble opinion.

It looks better in my humble opinion.
Thanks! I'm really loving it! I almost went with sand, but the smaller gravel was calling to me ?

I had to rehome my 3yo white skirts yesterday so I'm really sad right now... thinkin I need some rasbora or something. Just looks so empty now

Back
Top Bottom