Chat Room Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Purrbox

Aquarium Advice Addict
It appears that there is a new problem with the Chat Room. For the last two nights in a row, the room will repeatedly Ping and the Ping Timeout people even if they are actively posting. It's annoying to say the least, and I've never had problems with getting booted from the Chat Room in the past.

I'm using the Java Interface with IE6. Let me know if you need any further info. Thanks!

Our chatroom is on a global IRC network. The irc network is composed of many different servers connected to eachother thru the IRC server protocol.

While I was online last night I didnt see any issues like you describe. I was also off line two hours or so before your posting. Its possible the problems are a result of the particular irc server you where connected to or issues with the entire irc network as a whole. Either way we have little control over the chatroom except for the specific room itself.

Thanks for the info. Last night someone who wasn't using the Java Interface ran into the Ping Timeout problem, so I think that you're correct that it must be one of the IRC servers being tempermental.

Thanks!

Just a note the chat room seems fine tonight. Or should I say the IRC servers the people whom are in chat with right now seem fine.

I have seen what has been going on recently. The server that we are on is having what appears to be hiccups. It has actually caused many disconnections for Java users. For those that use other IRC chatting programs, you will notice that if you stay connected that you will have to reconnect after some time. The main reason for all these hiccups is that they are supposedly doing a lot of upgrades and random tests of services. This does explain a lot of the disruptions in service.

i hope that helps for some understanding.

The server seems to be back up and running withing normal parameters.

I have talked in some of the server help channels and found out that they are planning some future upgrades that will cause some disruptions in the services again.

Please let me know if you are having problems again and i will do my best to assist you in any way that i can.

I do check my logs of what has been going on soif i do see a lot of problems, i will investigate it further.

Back
Top Bottom