checklist of stuff to add to my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acolotto

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I am creating a checklist for things I want to add to my tank its already been running for two years and now just want to make it better. It is a 55 gallon mixed reef tank with two 120 w taotronic LEDs above it. I just ordered the red sea ca/mg/all test kit, jbj ocean stream 1600 gph x2 power heads with wave maker to replace my older ones, and some coral dip and bright well restor to try it out

[ ] RO/DI unit
[ ] Clean up crew replenish
[ ] Overflow
[ ] Sump/refugium
[ ] ATO unit with pump
[ ] 2x Water Storage containers for fresh and salt water
[ ] GFO & Carbon reactor
[ ] NO3/PO4 test kit
[ ] DA reef keeper elite net controller

It is listed in order of what I want to order. I will prob order two or three items every payday lol. Any suggestions? Things I missed? Things that are more important?

Filter socks, skimmer, and a return pump for your sump once you get it, plus some kind of clip-on light for the refugium section.

Gonna need an extra heater and powerhead for your saltwater mixing/storage container.

If you're going to run your RODI line straight to your freshwater storage container, you'll probably want a float cut-off valve.

I would get some extra DI resin right away.... Depending on the size, filling both storage containers is likely going to be quite a bit of RODI water right off the bat.

I don't know which RODI system you plan on picking up, but if you get it from BRS on a group buy, I highly recommend the dual DI canister upgrade.... your DI resin will last longer. And the inline dual TDS meter is invaluable for monitoring the health of your RO membrane and condition of your resin.

Last edited:
1. Get your electrical protections - surge protectors, GFCI, possibly ground probe. You never know... These will save your life and your expensive equipment like skimmer and return pump.

Yea I have all that stuff already and will order pump with sump and accessories with items...my tank has been running only hob sea clone skimmer 150 and hob filter for 2+ yrs figured its time to do make it better

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom