Cherry Barbs Dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you have an airstone, run it for 24 hours per day for a few days. Your symptoms again, sound like a toxin. Red gills are a sign of O2 starvation or cyano bacteria. Increase your water changes as well. just a wild guess...you don't happen to be using water from a whole house water softener do you? If you are using a salt based water softener, the problem is definitely there. Will wait for your reply as this may be pivotal in what you do.
D

If you have an airstone, run it for 24 hours per day for a few days. Your symptoms again, sound like a toxin. Red gills are a sign of O2 starvation or cyano bacteria. Increase your water changes as well. just a wild guess...you don't happen to be using water from a whole house water softener do you? If you are using a salt based water softener, the problem is definitely there. Will wait for your reply as this may be pivotal in what you do. D

I'll test out that airstone idea today. I use water from the tap but I treat it with a dechlorinater before it goes in the tank during every water change.

Back
Top Bottom